Our first permanent Danube bridge, the Chain Bridge is a three-gap, stone-pillar, reinforcing-support suspension bridge. It is a symbol of the resurrection and development of the city into a metropolis, which was destroyed by the flood of 1838. It is the first joint building of Buda and Pest, which was formally created a quarter of a century later.
The Chain Bridge is 2 km from our hostel on foot and 2.2 km by car. It can be reached by public transport by taking metro line M2 (to Deák Ferenc tér M stop) in 22 minutes.