The Hungarian National Gallery, founded in 1957, has the largest collection of Hungarian fine art. Its collection extends from the founding of the state to the present day, from the earliest Hungarian memories to contemporary art. The Gallery moved to its current location, The Buda Castle Palace, in 1975. The permanent exhibitions give a comprehensive picture of the history of Hungarian art.
The Hungarian National Gallery is 2.8 km away from our hostel on foot and 4.4 by car. It can be reached in 21 minutes by public transport by bus number 5/ 178 (to Szarvas tér stop).